First off, I apologize for this absurdly creativity-lacking template. I really wanted to join this contest, though, and homework pushed back the usual time I used to spend making sets on Polyvore before....
Let me explain this wishlist a little bit. As you can see, it's lacking the usual designer clothing and expensive electronics that most put into their sets so that they could bring in a piece of style or other exclusive item(s) for the holidays. Which I have no problem with. I, however, feel like it would be selfish to try and pop a $1000 bag in my closet in reflection of my family's current state. In August, my parent's separation officially began and my mother, brother, younger sister, and I moved from Maryland to Minnesota in support of my mom's new educational pursuit. We moved into our new place with much skepticism on whether or not we'd even be able to pay the rent (my brother was having trouble finding a job and I'm a minor)... In short: I'm at a new school, in a new city, and still dealing with a few of the emotional scars that have been left due to my parent's separation (as stated above). This is why I don't have many material things in my wishlist. Just a few essential things of which, I hope, one could be granted to me by Christmas Day =]. I'm perfectly fine if I do not place, however; there are over 4000+ entries so far anyway o.O, but I do hope someone at least takes the time to read this instead of passing over it due to the lack of creative emphasis put into my template making. Anyway, here are my individual reasons for wanting the items on my list:
1. Topshop sweater: I dare say this is one of the most talked-about brands of the 21st century; and their clothing is beautifully designed and extremely wearable. I probably would have been stupid not to put an item of theirs on my wishlist ^-^.
2. MICHAEL Michael Kors Infinity Scarf in Leopard: As stated, I'm going to school now, and because of the cold weather, my style has suffered greatly in the past few months. This is due mainly to the fact that it's in the best agenda of a new, warm-weather loving, Minnesota living chick to dress warmly ( I hate to say it, but: matching or not >_< ) than to try and pull off her own personal style and freeze to death. Money is a little more tight now than it was in MD, as well, so it's not as easy to just go buy a few cute sweaters and be done with it, sadly. Admittedly, this is more of a want than a need...but it is one of the best ways to stay cute and warm simultaneously.
3. Journal: In health class this past week, I was taught on the many ways to relieve stress; writing out your feelings was one of the main topics. While I admit I had trouble conforming to this in the public eye, I've found that, on my own I can fill up to a full page in my notebook ( my current "journal" ) with my daily stressors within minutes. And with all that I'm going through, it feels good to put those more intimate, personal, soul felt feelings I have--that I'm not comfortable with telling people around me--on paper. A journal would do me great justice right about now. I need my notebooks for schoolwork, anyway haha.
4. UA Hoodie : The ideal weather here is highlighted with its -15 degree temperatures; in January (I was told by my teacher, Mr. Borndal) the school doesn't have enough funds to keep the heat running, so it's shut off from time to time. Umm, NOT COOL. (No pun intended) I would definitely need more than this hoodie, but it's a start, right?
5. Gift Card(s): They say that to best gift someone who's true, more exclusive wants are unknown to you: gift them a gift card... or two! Pretty self-explanatory to me, and the upside: I'm not picky :). Dangerous words? I think not.
6. Nook HD+: Other than journaling, I love to read in my spare time. Particularly the beautiful novels and literature works of Henry D. Thoreau. I love how on these new e-reader devices, you can read, surf the web, and even play a few cool games. I especially love that about the newest Nook. Any one of their HD e-readers are nice, but this one is just beautiful. [ It would be happily shared among my family and I. :) ]
Thanks again for reading through this! This is my ideal 'winner's list'...
Merry Christmas, My fellow Polyvorians! And to the team running this fabulous website: You guys rock! <3